Ensuring all scholars graduate with the skills necessary for postsecondary successHopkins Public Schools is an award-winning school district with a long tradition of excellence at every school, for every scholar, every day. We serve the city of Hopkins, most of Minnetonka, about half of Golden Valley, and portions of Eden Prairie, Edina, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park.
We enjoy a richly-diverse kindergarten through 12th-grade population of about 6,700 scholars. We have a thriving student body where our scholars have 82 different primary home languages.
Grades 9-12: 2020
Senior Class 2024: 439
- 21% of scholars speak a language other than English as their first language
- 14% of scholars qualify for special education services
- 40% of scholars qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch
- In addition to 21 girls sports and 19 boys sports, over 55 clubs and organizations exist on the Hopkins campus, providing academic/athletic interscholastic competitions.
- More than 60% of our scholars participate in at least one activity or sport.
- Hopkins Public Schools has won 67 state championships.
Recognition and Awards
- Niche.com ranked Hopkins High School in the top ten for Best School District in America. (currently #16 in MN)
- Hopkins High School has been ranked a Silver Medalist School by U.S. News & World Report in recent years. (2014)
- Hopkins High School was named a Grammy Signature School semi-finalist in 2014.
- Hopkins High School was named one of "America's Most Challenging Schools" by Washington Post.
- Parents overwhelmingly reported that what they like best about Hopkins Public Schools is THE TEACHERS.
- Hopkins Public Schools is Nationally Recognized for its healthy school environments.
- Our teachers are lifelong learners, and 84% of our educators have a Master’s Degree or Higher.
- The Class of 2023 demonstrated their dedication to their studies, with over 70% achieving a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Of parents who rated Hopkins Public Schools' use of technology, 100% reported an EXCELLENT or GOOD rating.
- In 2024, HHS had 2 National Merit semifinalists.
- All of our teachers are trained in Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Instruction.